Sunday, August 30, 2009

How to get smooth as a baby's bottom legs!

So one of the things I'm pretty obsessive about is my legs! I can't stand those annoying little prickles and I LOVE the feel of silky smooth legs on clean sheets when I'm going to bed at night. It took hours of dedicated research and hard work, but I've finally perfected my method for achieving the smoothest legs possible, and here it is:
1) In the shower, wash your body and hair first. Make shaving your legs the last thing you do in there. This gives the hot water and steam enough time to really open up your pores (every hair follicle is in a pore) and soften up your leg hairs.
2) Before you shave your legs exfoliate to remove dead skin cells so you can get the closest shave possible. I use the Pink Sugar Glossy Body Scrub by Aquolina ($30, Sephora).
3) Shave your legs. I use the Venus Spa Breeze razor (about $10 at any drug store). It's the one that has the little shave gel strips on it. It claims that you don't have to use shaving gel when you use this razor but I do it anyway. I don't think you could cut yourself with this razor if you tried (PLEASE don't try!) and I really can't recommend it enough!
4) As soon as you get out of the shower, gently pat your legs dry. While your skin is still warm and moist, apply a light moisturizer that absorbs quickly. I use the Pink Sugar Body Mousse by Aquolina ($30, Sephora).
5) Wait about 5-10 minutes and apply a thicker lotion to lock in the moisture. I use Mineral Therapy Advanced Body Moisturizer by St. Ives (about $4, drugstores). It has a really light scent so it doesn't compete with the smell of the pink sugar.
And that's it! I usually only do this when I change razor cartridges because that's usually when you get the closest shave, although I do shave my legs every day! And of course you can use whatever products you want, I just wanted to let you know what I like! Now go smooth away! - which reminds me, do NOT buy Smooth Away, but that's a whole different post!
ps- all of your products do not have to be pink :)

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this...i'm going to probably buy the exact things you use and do it!
    p.s. - i also LOVE that it IS all pink :)

    ReplyDelete