Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How drinking more water can make you beautiful!

We all know that you're supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, but have you ever wondered why? Well there are actually a lot of very good reasons, but my main motivation is that it's good for your skin! The body's way of eliminating wastes and impurities is through urine. Water helps wash them away and carry them out of your body. If you aren't drinking enough water your body has to find an alternate method to dispose of waste. That method is usually through the pores in your skin. This can lead to clogged pores, blackheads, break outs, and other things that are basically gross! Also, your body's vital organs need water to carry out their functions. If you aren't drinking enough water your body is going to allow the organs that need it the most to use the water, leaving your skin with a water deficit. If you have dry skin, try drinking more water! You will notice less flakey, smoother skin in just a few days. Also, one of the main fibers in your lips is collagen. Collagen has an amazing ability to absorb and hold water. If you drink more water you will probably notice a slight improvement in the fullness of your lips (no, you won't look like Angelina Jolie but every little bit counts, right?!). So how do I get my 8 glasses a day? Frankly, I don't. 8 glasses is a lot and I don't think I could do it if I tried, I also don't want to spend a third of my day running to the bathroom. BUT, I do drink one pitcher of water everyday. I use this water purifying pitcher by PUR.

It's only about 5 glasses, but that's better than nothing! So that's it ladies! Water is the universal beauty product. It's free, it works with every skin type, and it's multipurpose! Now go get one of those cute aluminum water bottles and start sip, sip, sipping away!

No comments:

Post a Comment